Jan dhan Yojana account opening
In today’s article we are going to talk about Jan Dhan Yojana. This scheme was launched on 28 August 2014 by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. Many people have opened their account in the bank under this scheme, which is opening free of cost. If you also want to open an account, but do not know its process, then in this article you will get all the information. With which you can open an account anywhere. To get all types of information both online and offline, definitely read the article till the end so that everything can be known about how to open an account under Jan Dhan Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
PM Jan Dhan Yojana is the National Mission on Financial Inclusion in India. The objective of this mission is to provide banking facilities to all the families across the country and to open a bank account for every family. This scheme was announced on 15 August 2014 but it was launched on 28 August 2014 by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. Under this scheme, accounts of poor people of the country will be opened in the bank, in the post office, and in the nationalized banks on zero balance. It is necessary to link Aadhar card in all these accounts. Providing facility to the accounts to which Aadhar card will be linked with overdraft facility of Rs.5000 after 6 months and accident insurance cover of Rs.1 lakh built-in in RuPay Debit Card and RuPay Kisan Card. Along with this, if the account is opened in the interval from 15 August 2014 to 26 January 2015, 30, An additional insurance cover of Rs. 000 will also be given. Before launching this project, the Prime Minister sent an email to all the banks. In which he declared bank account for every family a national priority. The day the scheme was inaugurated, 1.5 crore bank accounts were opened on the same day. On the day of the inauguration of the scheme, about 60,000 camps were organized simultaneously by all the banks across India.
Benefits of jan Dhan Yojana
- Banking facility will reach all the people of the country.
- In this, after opening the account, you can also get the facility of free mobile banking.
- The money of subsidy and other schemes will come directly to your accounts and you will be able to avoid middleman scams.
- No minimum balance has to be maintained.
- It will be easy to open an account for pension in schemes like PM Kisan and Shramyogi Maandhan.
- Accidental insurance cover up to Rs 2 lakh.
- after opening the account, you will also be given the facility of Rupay Debit Card, so that you can easily withdraw money from banks and can also easily shop for anything anywhere.
- Through this, it will be easy to buy insurance, pension products.
- There are many benefits of opening an account under Jan Dhan Yojana, we have already mentioned some of the benefits above, but apart from this, many benefits are also available to the customers.
Documents required to open an account in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
If you want to open your bank account under PM Jan Dhan Yojana, then your minimum age should be 10 years and its maximum age has not been fixed. You can open your account through any of these documents like Aadhar Card, Driving License, NREGA Job Card, Voter ID Card, or Passport, but that person should not already have an account with any other bank and scheme It is mandatory to be an Indian citizen to get the benefits.
how to open account in jan dhan yojana
The person who wants to open his account under Jan Dhan Yojana has two ways. Through which he can open his account, the first way, he can open it by visiting any branch of any government and private banks selected by the government near him. If you do not want to go to the bank, then in another way you can open your account online sitting at home. For this, you will not need to go anywhere and the account will be opened easily. You can open your account in whatever way you like. In this article, we will discuss both methods how you can open your account. You will be able to open an account easily by following the instructions given below.
Offline Jan Dhan Account Opening Process
- To open an account offline Jan Dhan Yojana, one has to go to any government or private bank chosen by the government where the account is opened.
- After going to the bank, you will get a form to apply, you have to take that form.
- In this form, you will have to give all the information that will be asked from you in it. Such as your name, address, Aadhar card number, PAN card, occupation, annual income, number of dependencies, if any member of your family already has an account with the bank, etc.
- After filling the form carefully and attaching a copy of all the necessary documents with it, then submit it in the same bank itself.
- After submitting all the documents, your account will be opened under Jan Dhan Yojana and you will get a passbook copy.
Process to open Jan Dhan account online
- If you want to open your account online then you have to go to its official website pmjdy.gov.in.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the Account Opening Form in the e-Document .
- Here you are providing the link of the application form of both Hindi and English languages, by clicking on which you can download any of the two forms.
- After downloading the form, take a printout of the form.
- After filling in the information asked in that form carefully, you have to affix a photograph and sign it.
- Now, this form has to be submitted along with all the necessary documents in any government or private bank chosen by the government.
- After doing this your account will be opened under Jan Dhan Yojana.
In this way, by opening your Jan Dhan account, you can take advantage of the assistance given by the government, which can help you in other things going forward.
Jan Dhan Yojana Helpline Number
If there is any problem related to Jan Dhan Yojana or you are facing any problem in opening the account. So you can contact on the helpline number issued by PM Jan Dhan Yojana. We have told you its toll-free number below, after contacting on this number, every problem related to your account will be resolved.
|National Toll Free number||1800 180 1111|
|Jandhan Toll Free||1800-110011|
If you have any queries regarding what is jan dhan Yojana, how to open Jan Dhan Yojana, then feel free to ask us by messaging in the comment section and we will reply to you soon.
You can share this information with your friends through Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platforms so that they also know about Jan Dhan Yojana.