If you keep the number saved in your phone or SIM card then there may be a fear that if your phone gets damaged the mobile number saved in your phone storage maybe lost, if the number is saved in your SIM card and suppose unfortunately your SIM card gets damaged or lost then also you will not be able to find your contact number but here is an alternate Gmail account ie Google account and we suggest that you save all your mobile numbers in your Google account.
Because when the mobile number is saved in the Gmail account, it does not matter if the mobile is damaged or the SIM is lost, but you can easily find your mobile number by opening your Google account in any other mobile and if you have saved your contact number in SIM card or mobile storage, you can move it on your Gmail.
how to save mobile number in google account
First of all, you must have your Google account ie Gmail account and login in mobile, if you use Android mobile then of course you will already be login but if you do not have your Gmail account in your phone. Login so that you can save your mobile number in your Google account
- First of all go to your contact and click on + icon or new
- Now you may be asked storage from which you have to click on your gmail account, and if not asked in pop up then enter name and mobile number and click on storage
- Click on your gmail account and save
That mobile number will be saved on your gmail account, by following the exact same process you can save as many numbers as you want on your gmail account. It takes storage whereas we get 15 GB of storage on a single Gmail account which is enough.
How to move contact number from phone to Gmail
Although most phones have the option to copy or move mobile number from mobile or sim storage to Gmail, but many devices do not have this option, then follow the procedure given below and if this setting is in your phone. If so, then you will be able to move all your contact numbers to Gmail.
- Go to your Contacts and click on the Settings Icon
- Click on Copy Contact
- Click on copy from phone or click on copy from sim 1 or copy from sim 2 i.e. from whichever storage you want to copy / move
- All the contacts of your phone will be visible, select any contact you want to move from phone to gmail or if you want to face all contact numbers then click on select all
- click on copy
- Now all the Gmail accounts of your phone will be visible, click on the Gmail account in which you want to copy the mobile numbers of your phone and the copying will start.
In just a few seconds all the contact numbers you have selected will be copied to your gmail account, and the problem will be that your gmail account message contact numbers and your device storage sim card numbers will also appear in your contacts i.e. all numbers If they are almost double then you follow this process to make them single.
remove duplicate numbers
- First of all go to your contact and click on setting
- Click on Display Contacts
- Mark the phone and sim storage and uncheck the rest, by doing this only the numbers saved in your phone storage and sim card will be visible in your phone
- Now you will go back to your contacts, all the numbers of your phone and sim storage will be visible if you have copied them to your gmail account then click on edit above
- Mark all your contact numbers
- Click on delete, all numbers on your phone and SIM card will be deleted
- Now back in contact click on setting
- Click on Display Contact
- Mark everyone and go back to your contact
Note: Before following the above procedure, copy all the mobile numbers from your phone and sim storage to your gmail because following the above procedure will delete all the mobile numbers in your phone and sim card storage that you can save them. And if you have already copied on Gmail, then after deleting the contacts of phone and SIM storage, after going to the display setting and marking all, your Gmail mobile numbers will be visible in your phone and no one else. Also the number will not double because you have deleted the numbers of the phone and the SIM card and only and only the mobile numbers will be visible on Gmail.