Changing the username of Gmail is very frustrating, because normally you cannot change the username of your Gmail account even if you want to. Because google has not given its option. How to change name of my gmail account, However, you can change any information in your Gmail account except just the username. Such as mobile number, date of birth, display name, password etc. How to change gmail account name.
But you will not find the option to change the username anywhere, that is, you cannot change the username of your existing Gmail address.
Yes, but if you want, you can create another Gmail account and migrate your data to it. And can use it as your primary Gmail account. Because google itself also says that if you cannot change the username of your Gmail account. And if you want to change, then you create your second Gmail account. And migrate your existing Gmail data to it, apart from this you have no other way.
So if you have also made a mistake while creating your Gmail account. Did not choose a perfect username and now want to change the username of your Gmail account, then you will also have to create a new Gmail account.
But as far as I guess there is no need to change the username of your Gmail account, yes if you want to start youtube channel. For which you want to change the username of your Gmail account. So I want to tell you that for that you have to change the name of the Gmail account, not the username.
Whatever will be the name of your Gmail account, your youtube channel will also be in the same name. There is no need to change the username of your Gmail account. Because the username is just an identity, and it is not used anywhere as a display name.
How to change Gmail account name
- If you are a desktop user then go to myaccount.google.com and if you are a mobile user. And if you use chrome, go to myaccount.google.com in that too. And if you don’t use chrome. So open google which is already installed in your phone.
- Click on manage your account by clicking on your profile picture in the right side.
- Click on personal info and click on your name
- Your existing name will appear change it and enter new name which you want to set in your Gmail account and then click on “Save” button
The name of your Gmail account will be changed. It may take a few seconds to update in all your linked services.
Go back, refresh the page, the updated name of your Gmail account will appear, that is, the name of your Gmail account has been changed.
How to change Gmail username
- So the first process for this is to create a new Gmail account. So first go to this url and create account https://accounts.google.com/signup?hl=en
- enter your name
- Enter the username that you wanted to keep after changing your Gmail account.
- Enter the password for your Gmail account and click on next.
- Click on the Send button, Google will send the verification code and verify your new Gmail account by entering it.
- After that agree to the terms of google. Your new Gmail account is ready with the username on which you want to use your Gmail account.
- Now you have to migrate the data of your existing Gmail account to the new Gmail account. But maybe my guess is that you don’t need migration because no benefit is going to come from it.
- That’s why I would suggest that you want to change your username to your old email. Use it as a secondary email. And you can use the new email as the primary email.
- First of all go to your new Gmail account which you have just created a new account. And on this the data of the old Gmail account has to be imported.
- In starting you click on “Import contacts and mail”.
- Now a pop up window will open. Enter your old Gmail address in it, and click on the continue button.
- You will be asked to login to your old Gmail account. Whose username you wanted to change, enter the Gmail address and click on next.
- Enter your Gmail account password and click on next.
- Scroll down the page a bit and click on “Allow”.
- Now you will get three options, Import contacts, Import mail, Import new mail for next 30 Days. Definitely have to mark import contacts and import mail. And unmark “Import new mail for next 30 days” if you want. Because with this all the mails of your Gmail next 1 month will be imported.
- Click on the Start import button.
- Your mails and contacts will be imported, click on ok.
- The pop up window will close and you will be back on your Gmail homepage. Refresh the page, you will be able to see that all the contacts and mail of your old Gmail have been imported. Now if you want, you can delete your old Gmail account. Or if you want, you can also use it as a secondary Gmail.
And yes if you want to change the username of your Gmail account by not following this process. Like changing the display name of Gmail account. So I want to tell you again that you cannot do this even if you want to because google has not given any option for this.
Yes, but if you want, you can create a new Gmail account on that username. The name on which you want to run, and if you want, you can also delete the old Gmail account. But if you delete your Gmail account, then all your services related to it will stop.
In this article, you learned how to change the name of google account and how to change the name of Gmail. We hope that this information will prove useful to you.
- How to send email
- How to save mobile number in gmail
- How to create email account
- How to check email messages
- How to change Gmail password
- How to change gmail account name
- Who invented email
- What is Gmail, What is the full form of Gmail
- What is email, What is the full form of Email
Administrator at this site Graduate from Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University
University in Faizabad, India ………………… 227806