There are many banks all over India and one of them is PNB, just like any bank provides different types of services, in the same way, PNB also provides different types of services to their customers, so do you know What is the full form of PNB.
Even whatever the bank, if it is famous by the abbreviation of its name. no problem its full forms will be found on the passbook, Every bank mentions the full form of their acronym in every place related to it.
What is PNB What is the full form of PNB
What is the full form of PNB
Full form of PNB – Punjab National Bank
What is PNB
PNB is also a bank that provides various types of banking facilities like other banks and this bank was also established under British rule but was completely set up by Indians as many banks were also established by the British at that time, such as reserve bank (RBI), which is the largest bank in India, is a bank of banks, currency printing, etc. handles all the matters. All other banks also have to follow the guidelines of rbi.
And perhaps you would be surprised to know that rbi was established by Royal Commission (British Commission). However, after independence, the rbi was held by the government and the only rbi handles the entire banking system andyes PNB was established long before rbi and was doing its job.
- What is RBI what is the full form of RBI
- What is the full form of Hotel
- What is the full from of Education
- What is the full form of ccc
- What is DVD what is the full from of DVD
Who is the founder of PNB
Lala Lajpat Rai
When was the PNB established
PNB was established on 19 May 1895 but commercially started on 12 April 1895.
Establishment of PNB
Everyone knows that the banking system in India started in 1770 but after independence and partition many changes had to be made because no matter what and how many services were there, any bank and other companies could have been anywhere in the whole of India at that time. And slowly all the banks and other services were increasing, whether it was started by East India company or by any Indian.
PNB was established in Lahore in 1894 and Lahore is a part of Pakistan at this time, since when PNB was established, India was not divided but at that time the country called Pakistan was not present in the world, then it cannot be said that PNB was founded in Pakistan, rather PNB was founded in India of that time.
Sh. Dayal Singh Majithia was the first chairman of PNB, Lala Harkishan Lal was the first board secretary. Lala Lajpat Rai’s brother joined the bank as a manager, whose salary was 320 per month and at that time his staff consisted of a total of 9 people, and the PNB The total authorized capital of the company was 200000 INR.
To succeed in anything depends on the strategy and management of their directors. That is the reason why PNB gradually improved itself and is doing its business as a big bank today.
PNB is also called the first indigenous bank. PNB has the merger of 9 other banks so far, which is quite a big thing, merger is a specific matter because India’s top government bank SBI was formed by the merger of three different types of banks. The banks were made out of mergers but in PNB’s banking history, so far 9 banks have merged into PNB, most recently in 2019 – 2020 two large banks Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank of India were merged.
PNB is the second largest public sector bank in India and has SBI on the first number.
From 1941 to 1946, PNB’s empire grew immensely, PNB traded much faster, resulting in a huge growth of 278 branches of PNB by 1946, the deposit capital increased to 62 crores, definitely a good strategy And was the result of management.
Although PNB’s business had grown considerably by 1946, the time was also close when a unified India was to be divided, PNB had to leave Lahore after the partition of unified India and shift to Delhi, it is very sad that PNB had to close its 92 branches after the partition of India it’s 92 branches which were in Pakistan.
- What is Internet what is the full form of Internet
- What is the full form of Computer
- What is Google what is the full form of Google
- What is the full form of ATM
- What is ATM what is the full form of ATM
Who is the CEO of PNB
Shri CH. S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao is currently the Managing Director & CEO of PNB.
Sanjay Kumar, Vijay Dubey, Agyeya Kumar Azad
How many types of accounts are there in PNB
Not only PNB, no matter which bank, there are many account types in all banks, in the same way, PNB also provides various types of account types for its customers which are explained below.
There are a lot of savings accounts in PNB. There are dozens of saving accounts in PNB, however, most people use only a general saving account because this account has all kinds of services suitable for customers and the general saving account can be used by all types of people.
- PNB Unnati Saving Fund Account
- PNB Saving Account Product For Premium Custumers
- PNB SF Prudent Sweep Deposit Scheme for Individuals
- PNB SF Prudent Sweep For The Accounts Of Institutions
- PNB Junior Sf Account
- PNB Basic Saving Deposit Account
- PNB Rakshak Scheme
- Scheme For Providing Overdraft Facility To Pensioners
- PNB Power Savings
- PNB Samman Saving Account
- PNB MySalary Account
- Premium Saving Account PNB Best Customer
- PNB Prathan Saving account
PNB current account
- PNB MyBiz Plus Current Account (Smart Banking Current Account)
- PNB MyBiz Account (Current Account General)
- PNB Merchant Current Account
- PNB Escrow/RERA Account Scheme
- Annuity Term Deposit Scheme For Victims of Road Accidents
- PNB Utam – Non Caliable Deposti Scheme
- PNB Recurring Deposit Scheme (E-RD)
- Schemes Covered (Under E-FD)
- FD Scheme for Road Accident Victims
- Recurring Deposit Scheme
- PNB Anupam Term Deposit Scheme
- PNB Balika Shiksha
- PNB Capital Gain Account Scheme
- PNB Multi Benefit Term Deposit Scheme
- PNB Scheme for Road Accident Victims
- PNB Special Recurring Deposit Product
- PNB Special Term Deposit Scheme
- PNB Sugam Term Deposit Plan
- PNB Ordinary Term Deposit Scheme
- PNB Varshik Aay Yojna (VAY) Deposit Scheme
- PNB Tax Saver Fixed Deposit Scheme
- PNB Pranam Fixed Deposit Scheme
- PNB Mibor Linked Notice Deposit Scheme
- PNB Floating Rate Fixed Deposit Scheme
- PNB Bulk Fixed Deposit Scheme (Above Rs. 10 Crore)
- PNB Growth Fixed Deposit Scheme
- PNB Bulk Fixed Deposit Scheme
- PNB NRE Rupee Sugam Term Deposit Scheme
- PNB NRO Sugam Term Deposit Scheme
- What is URL what is the full from of URL
- What is the full from of SMS
- What is SBI what is the full form of SBI
- What is the full form of RAM
- What is OTP what is the full form of OTP
number of employees
PNB provides its services all over India for which PNB’s 11000+ branches and 13000 ATM machines are available all over India PNB’s number of employees is about 103000, if you are also willing to work in PNB, you can check on https://www.PNBindia.in/Recruitments.aspx and apply for available posts.
You have got basic information about PNB bank but if you want more information about PNB which is not mentioned here, you can get information about it by visiting https://www.PNBindia.in/ You can also comment on it in this post or if you want to get information about it, the information in this post will be linked.
So this was the basic information about PNB i.e. “Punjab National bank” I hope you would have liked this information, so right now share this article “What is PNB, what is the full form of PNB” with your friends and family so that they too can get information about PNB.