If you have a computer, it is your own responsibility to protect it and if it has any necessary data, it becomes more important to protect it, in such a situation it becomes very important to set a password in your computer because, Without a password, anyone can switch on and use our computer and can also see our private data.
So by just password set on your computer all this problem we can overcome.
Let’s know how to set the password in computer / Windows 8.1
First, press the Windows button on your computer and open by searching the control panel or click on the control panel by pressing Windows+X.
- Click on User accounts and family safety
- Click on user accounts
- Click on Manage another account
- Select a user account in which you want to set the password
- Now, put a unique password for your computer that no one can guess and enter the same password in the next box.
You can enter a hint for the condition of the password forgettable in the next box, after seeing that you can easily guess what you have kept the password of Windows 8.1.
- Click on the create password button
Now the password is set in your Windows 8.1, your Windows won’t open without this password when switched on.
You’ve successfully password set up in Windows 8.1 I hope you won’t have any problems with it.
And if you ever want to change the password of your Windows 8.1, you can do exactly that way. In the computer’s control panel, you will get the option of change the password instead of “create password”.
Let’s find out in some simple steps
How to change the password of Windows 8.1 computer
This method of changing the password of the computer is for Windows 7 and 8, and may also work in Windows 10, but I’m not sure about it. You can check if this method works in Windows 10 too, it is good and even if it doesn’t work, we’ll give you additional information below so that you’ll be able to change your windows 10 password too easily.
This method will work in both Windows 7 and 8
Follow the same process by going to your computer’s control panel.
Control panel> User account and family safety> User accounts> manage another account> choose a user
When your computer did not have a password set in Windows 8.1, there was the option of “create password”, but now you have a password on your computer, you will get the option of change password.
- Click on “change password”
- Now first you enter the current password of your computer (it’s just for verification that you’re the administrator of this computer)
- Now enter a new password for your computer
- Re-enter the same password into confirm new password
- Enter a hint and click on the change password button
Now you can see that your password has changed. Now your computer will not open with your old password.
You’ve learned to change the password in Windows 7 and 8 and now let’s know how to change the password in Windows 10
How to change the password in Windows 8, 10
This method will work in both Windows 8 and 10
- Search and open the control panel by pressing the Windows button on your computer
- Click on user accounts and family safety, and then click on user accounts
- Now Click on “Make changes to my account in PC setting”
- Click on sign-in options
- Click on change button in Password
- Enter your existing password
- Enter the new password and reenter the same password in the reenter password
- Enter password hint and click on next
- Click on the “Finish” button
- The password of your computer has been changed.
I hope you won’t have any problems creating and change your computer password.
Similarly, you can also change your computer’s user name and account type. You can also change the user profile picture if you want. About which you will get information in our other articles.