It is recommended that both doses of vaccine should be taken for realising the full benefit of vaccination Both doses must be of the same vaccine type.
cowin.gov.in second dose registration
It is recommended that the 2nd dose of COVAXIN should be administered in the interval of 28 days to 42 days after the 1st dose. The 2nd dose of COVISHIELD should be administered in the interval of 84 days to 112 days after the 1st dose. The second dose of SPUTNIK V should be administered in the interval of 21 days to 90 days after the 1st dose.
You have to take an appointment for the 2nd dose vaccination. The CoWIN system will help you book an appointment in a Vaccination center where the same vaccine is being administered as the vaccine type (COVAXIN, COVISHIELD or SPUTNIK V) of the 1st dose
Whether you are going to take the first dose of the corona vaccine or the second, the process of registering both remains the same and if you want, you can register it yourself or you can also register by visiting the corona center and get the vaccine.
- So for the second registration of the vaccine, go to the cowin.gov.in portal and process it by entering your mobile number, OTP will come on your mobile number, enter it so that your mobile number will be verified.
- But remember that you have to enter the same mobile number with which you got the first dose because only then you will get the details of your first vaccination and will be able to apply for the second dose.
- After entering the OTP, you will be able to see your vaccination details and also see whether your vaccination period has been completed or not.
- If your first vaccination period has been completed then you will get the option of Schedule Appointment, click on it and enter your area pin code and search for the vaccination center, for this it is also necessary that the slot is empty, if the slot is not empty then you Unable to register, try next day
- After finding the nearest vaccination center click on it if slots are vacant then click on book appointment.