what is map what do you understand by map
Map is a map that gives different types of location information. Due to which it is easy for people to reach that destination or get information about it. However, it is difficult to print too many locations on a paper map. Because it increases the size of paper map a lot, but everything is possible in modern map. What is Map?
Maps are used to explore different types of locations, routes, etc. around the world. Since as long as only paper maps were used, then the map was very costly and there was a lot of problem in the map in exploring different locations. Due to which all the cities, villages etc. were not present in the paper map. Rather, maps were present on a larger purpose, such as world map, country map, state map, or map of any other particular location.
- what is map
- virtual Map
- What are the advantages of Google (virtual) Map?
- What are the disadvantages of Google Map
- What is Physical Map
- Disadvantages of Physical (Paper) Map
- What is World Map
- Why Map is important
- Use of Google Map
- What information can be obtained from Google Map
- how many types of maps are there
- Which is the world’s most used map?
what is map
But due to the virtual map, today there is no need to make a specific map just for a specific location. Rather, the whole world has been depicted in just one map. And that too with satellite images which prove to be very helpful.
Virtual Map is called those maps, which are eletronic maps like google map, bing map, yandex map etc. Many map companies are present. Which provide Map in different types of formats. Such as Satellite, Terrain, Transit, Traffic, Bicyling, 3d, Street view Map etc. Out of which satellite map is the best map.
Because satellite maps show us the images of the locations so that we can identify the locations very easily. Even you can see the picture of your house in Google’s satellite map. You can see the image of your surroundings or any part of the world. Since you can also see images, due to which you can travel the world by following these maps. And you will not need to ask any person about any location.
What are the advantages of Google (virtual) Map?
Since Google Map is an electronic map, it has many advantages, which were never possible through physical maps.
- You will not have to carry any additional paper for the map. Rather, you can access your map only through your electronic device (Mobile. tablet, Computer). And not only any one location but can identify any location from the whole world.
- Google Map is completely available for free, you will not have to pay any charge to use it.
- You can also add your own location in Google Map. Like shop, clinic, temple, school, etc. So that people can find you and your services on the map and reach you.
What are the disadvantages of Google Map
- Although Google Map has many advantages. But at the same time it has some disadvantages as well, such as one can be targeted by criminals. Because picture is also shown in satellite images, so suppose that a person/criminal wants to make a building/house a victim. So he can find out the environment around that building / house without going to that location. However, Map companies have not been given the permission of high quality images by India. Because of which no map company can show a high quality picture of the map of India. Which has been done only for privacy reason but satellite maps show high quality images in many other countries. Which is very harmful for privacy.
What is Physical Map
Physical Map are those maps which are printed on paper. However, this map was used first. But as technology improved, virtual maps were developed, since physical maps are not very capable. That’s why now the use of physical maps is very less. Although physical maps are used by schools and colleges or various other types of organizations. But gradually the use of physical maps is becoming less and less.
Disadvantages of Physical (Paper) Map
- If you want to use physical map, then you have to pay for it. Because physical map is not available in free. Rather, you will always have to pay for the new physical map.
- A physical map can only be of a specific location. Different maps will have to be bought for different location maps.
- Information about the routes will not be available in the physical map because physical maps are small. In which more information cannot be printed.
- Extra paper has to be used for Physical Map.
What is World Map
World Map is such a map which has the structure of the whole world. But this happens only in physical map, because virtual map (google, bing map) has the structure of the whole world. But he has to see the country, the state, the district, the city or the specific location. It can be seen by zooming i.e. Virtual Map is all in one Map.
Why Map is important
If you go out somewhere, go on tour or drive by bike yourself. But if you do not know about route then you may have some problem. You can go astray but if you install Google Map in your phone. And if you use then Map will guide you a2z. And will take you to your destination and you will not have to take help from anyone.
Just search Google Map for the location where you want to go. And by clicking on Directions, choose the location from where you want to measure that location. But if you want directions according to live location, then after clicking on directions, click on “Your location”.
And Google Map will measure and show you and that destination. What is the average time it may take for you to reach that location. Even your speed will also show at what speed you are traveling.
Use of Google Map
Google Map can be used in two ways. First from the app and second from the web browser i.e. from the website of Google Map, both work in the same way. But if you use Map app then you will get fast browsing. But if you want, you can use the web Google Map by going to https://www.google.com/Maps . mostly it proves to be more beneficial when you do not have Google Map app installed like for dektop.
What information can be obtained from Google Map
You can measure the distance of any location from any other location, search hotels, shops, stores, etc. near you. And Map will also guide you to reach there. You can also put any of your information in Google Map, your shop, business etc.
how many types of maps are there
1. Physical Map shows us only the main piont i.e. some special information cannot be obtained from physical. But the virtual map (Google Map) has satellite pictures. That’s why not only the main point in the virtual map but the whole world is like that. In the same way, photos are visible everywhere, so that no one can get confused in understanding the map.
2. If you use physical map, then first of all you will not get complete information. And when you buy, it will always remain the same after that. But the virtual map keeps getting updated in some time. For example, if you have a house that has fallen, then immediately your house will not appear collapsed in Google Map. But yes if your house remains in the same condition for some long time. Your house will appear in a dilapidated condition in the Google Map satellite image update.
3. It is difficult to cover any house, shop etc. in physical map. But yes, if a physical map of a specific place is made, then it can be covered. But even in that too many difficulties will have to be faced. But even after that very unique map cannot be expected. But in Google Map, the whole world is covered in a single map, in which million changes are made every day. And many new locations are registered.
4. Owners of shop, institute, companies, etc (locations) can enter their contact information as well as other related information in Google Map, which is impossible in physical Map.
5. Physical Map will also guide you in which direction you have to turn, and how far is the location where you have to go. You just have to enter your destination and it is impossible in physical map.
6. Although everyone has electronic devices, due to which you will not need a physical map. But yes, if you want, you can make a physical map by printing the virtual map as well.
Which is the world’s most used map?
Mobile is used by everyone but most of the users are of android phone, and Google is such an online software company. Which is used the most. And the products of all android phones are already installed like google, youtube, map, photos, gmail, etc. So when Google Map is already installed in everyone’s phone, it is obvious that Google Map will be used the most.
And the service which is used in sufficient quantity, then that service always keeps improving itself. And Google Maps is always getting better in the same way, although Bing also has a Map. But its use is very less, because Google Map is already installed in everyone’s phone. So why would anyone download any other map?
Even very few people have the idea that apart from Google Maps, other companies also have maps, so using them is a far cry.
what is the use of map
Maps are used to view a place and find routes. And any location in the world can be seen very easily through a digital map.
In this article you learned what is a map. We hope that the information will prove useful to you.