If you want to shift from one phone to another, then there are many challenges in such a situation. Because all the data of our old phone remains in our old phone only. And if we want it in our new phone too, then there are Google’s tools for Photos, Contacts, etc. And if you use WhatsApp, then WhatsApp chats from your old phone are not found in your new phone. But if your chats are very important, then we suggest you to make a backup of your WhatsApp. Because in this case all our chats get uploaded to Google Drive. And if we delete whatsapp. Or want to do your WhatsApp in any other phone. So we get all the data back. How to make backup of whatsapp.
How to take Whatsapp backup
Note: If you have many contacts in your WhatsApp and you have set too many, then your WhatsApp backup size may be very large. Backup of which can take time, and this time depends on your internet speed, so if you don’t have any problem with it, then you can. But we suggest that you first delete such chats from your WhatsApp, which are not important to you. Because by doing this the size of the WhatsApp backup file will be greatly reduced. And you will be able to make easily. And in a very short time your backup will be ready.
- go to whatsapp and click on three dot click on setting
- Click on Chats Click on Chat Backup
- Click on Google Account
- Click on the Gmail where you want to backup your WhatsApp
- Now a new window will open click on allow
- In Backup to google drive click on only when I tap “backup now”
- Now click on the top up backup now
- After that again click on back up
When will your WhatsApp chats start to be created. And in no time your WhatsApp chats will be backed up. And how long it will take, it depends on the size of your WhatsApp chat.
how to back up android whatsapp and restore on iphone
Right now you want to restore it by creating your WhatsApp chat backup on cross-platform. So there is a similar process for that too. But it may be a little different in some conditions. Even more depends on you. Because if you want to use the same email that you used in your old phone, then you have to make your backup in the normal way. You have to restore WhatsApp chat by login email. But if you want to automatically back up chats from your old phone and restore them to your new phone or iPhone, you’ll need a new email address.
- First of all create a new email account in your android mobile on which you can create your whatsapp backup
- Automatically go to WhatsApp account settings and click on Chats
- Click on Google Account, and select the email address you want to use on your new Android phone or iPhone
- Give permission by clicking on Allow
- Come back and click on the back-up now button, wait for the WhatsApp backup to complete
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings, go to Email Services and add your Gmail account
- Now install WhatsApp on your iPhone, and create your WhatsApp account by entering your mobile number
- Click on Restore
- Select your email account on which you backed up WhatsApp and continue
- The backup will be restored in a few seconds, and set up the account by entering your name, and when your WhatsApp account is ready, you will have all your chats, which were present in that backup
how to restore whatsapp chat
If you have already made a backup of your WhatsApp chats. So after deleting WhatsApp or you get a new phone then you can restore your WhatsApp chats in it.
- First of all install WhatsApp in your phone, and complete the verification by entering your mobile number.
- Click on Restore. (If you haven’t logged in to your Android phone with the Gmail account on which you backed up your WhatsApp, then login first)
- Now click on that Gmail account. In which you made a backup of your WhatsApp and give permission.
- Your WhatsApp backup will be restored in just a few seconds. Enter your name and complete your account.
where is whatsapp backup made
When you create a backup of your WhatsApp chats, it is uploaded to your Google account. And your WhatsApp chat will be uploaded to this Google account of yours. The Google account that you add in the settings of your WhatsApp chat backup.
Benefits of making a backup of WhatsApp
- If you use WhatsApp normally, then WhatsApp backup will not be of much benefit to you. But if you have included important chats in WhatsApp, like if you do any job or business. And there are important conversations related to that, keeping different types of documents, so you should always keep a backup of your WhatsApp chats enabled. So that the backup of all your chats becomes automatic. And if your phone ever gets damaged due to some reason WhatsApp will be deleted. Or if anything is a problem, you can get all those chats.
- If you buy a new phone, and switch off the old phone, then when you install WhatsApp in your phone, it is brand new. So it is possible that you want to bring the important chats that you have in your old phone to your new phone. So when you make a backup of WhatsApp of your old phone, you can bring all the chats etc. of that WhatsApp to your new phone in just one click.
- Creating WhatsApp backup is absolutely free. However if your WhatsApp includes a lot of chats. So it might take a little longer for your WhatsApp backup to be created. Because it depends on the size of your WhatsApp data. And if once your WhatsApp backup is made. So after that whatever you chat, it will be automatically backed up by the schedule you have set.
- WhatsApp uses Google Drive for your backup. Due to which there is no fear of leaking your data. Because Google’s services are very secure
Just as there are advantages to making a backup of WhatsApp, there are also disadvantages to it. So remember that the email you used to backup WhatsApp, do not share that email with anyone. Otherwise that person can use your email to restore your WhatsApp backup to their WhatsApp. And can see and read all your conversations.
In this article you learned how to make a backup of WhatsApp. We hope this information will prove useful to you.