Factory reset is a process by which the entire data of the phone is completely cleared. That is, your media files, contact phone settings, etc. everything gets reset. And becomes just like a new phone. So if you have any sensitive information on your phone. And if it is very important to you, then transfer it to another device. Upload it to a cloud so that you can get your data even after your phone is reset. And yes before resetting your phone make sure that your phone should have enough battery. That the reset process is easily completed. Because if your phone battery gets dead during the reset process, So you may face some problems. And the battery consumption increases more during the reset process. Your phone might also get a little hot but after the reset process everything will be back to normal. How to reset phone.
- How to reset phone
- How to reset the phone if it is locked
- How to hard reset the phone
- how to reset phone with google account
- How to save phone data after resetting phone
How to reset phone
- Go to your phone’s settings and go to backup and reset
- Click on Factory data reset to erase phone
- Enter your phone’s current password to confirm
Your Android phone will begin to reset, which may take up to 10 minutes. And during this you do not have to do anything, the whole process is automated. After the reset is complete, your phone will start automatically, and after that you will have to set up your Android phone. Means you have to select your country, you have to select your language. And you have to enter your Gmail account, and your phone will start just like a new phone.
How to reset the phone if it is locked
Many times we forget the password pattern lock of our phone, so cannot reset our phone in a normal way. Because to reset the phone, it is necessary that you go to the settings of your phone. But when your phone is locked, you cannot access the settings. And in such a situation you have 2 ways to reset your phone. The first of which is to hard reset your phone. And resetting the second phone by google account. But you will be able to reset the phone only with your Google account. When internet is on in your phone otherwise you have to follow hard reset process.
How to hard reset the phone
- first switch off your phone
- Now press and hold your Power button and Volume UP button together. until the screen lights up
- Now go to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the volume down button
- OK by pressing the power button
- Go to Factory data reset by pressing the Volume Down button. And click on OK by pressing the Power button.
- Click on Reboot system now.
Your phone will now start up and open just like a new phone, and you’ll need to set up your phone. Select your country during Settings, enter your name, enter your Gmail account, and complete your Android setup.
how to reset phone with google account
However, you can still follow this process. When you have your mobile with you, but using it will prove to be more beneficial for you. When your phone is lost or stolen. Because in this process it is not necessary that you have your phone with you, rather you can reset your phone through any other phone or computer.
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/find and login with your Gmail account. set in your phone
- Click on Erase Device
- Click on Erase Device to confirm
Remember that in this case your device will be reset only then. When internet connection is on in your phone. And if at present that second device does not have internet connection. So your phone will automatically start resetting as soon as it is connected to the internet.
How to save phone data after resetting phone
When you reset your phone, all the data and settings of your phone are cleared. But if you want your phone’s data to be secure, then you can use different methods for this. And if you want, you can make a backup of your entire phone by Google server in one click. But we would not suggest you to make a backup of your entire phone. Rather you should only keep a backup of contacts on your media files. And as for all you can install them manually after resetting your phone and setting it up.
- Before resetting the phone, note down your Gmail account somewhere. So that you can enter it while setting up after resetting your phone.
- Before resetting the phone, upload your phone’s photo and video files to Google Photos. For this, all you have to do is go to your Google Photos account and turn on the backup. Automatically all video and photo files will be uploaded to Google Photos.
- Save all your contact numbers in your SIM card or Gmail account.
What happens by resetting the phone
Yes, if the phone is factory reset, then all the data of the phone gets deleted. And if you have backed it up, you can install it. And if the backup is not taken then you will not get the data back.
is it safe to reset android phone
Yes resetting android phone is very safe, but before resetting if there is any very important data. So transfer it to another phone or put it on cloud storage, or if you want you can take backup of your full phone as well.
how to unlock phone after reset
When the phone factory reset is complete, after that your phone becomes like a brand new phone. And the terms and conditions of the phone have to be followed. And in the startup of the phone, some basic settings are also asked whether you can complete or not.
What are the benefits of resetting the phone
- If your phone is hanging too much, then the problem of hanging goes away.
- All the used/unused files present in the phone get deleted. Your phone becomes just like a new phone.
- After resetting, both the life and battery life of your phone increases.
- Even if you want to sell your phone, you should reset your phone.
What are the disadvantages of resetting the phone
- If you don’t take backup before resetting your phone. So the data present in your phone will be deleted which you will never get.
- Your phone’s settings etc. are completely reset, and if you do not have much knowledge of phone handling. Then this could be a problem for you. Because we have to set up our phone again.
In this article you learned how to reset Android phone. We hope this information will prove useful for you.