If you have any business which is related to catering. And if you want to get a license for that, then how can you apply for your license online? In today’s article, we will give you information about this. How to get FSSAI license.
How to make FSSAI License
Whenever we start any work related to food, we need this license to sell it in the market. Without license, we are not able to sell our food related products in the market. So if you want to get a license for yourself, then how do you apply for it online? What should be our qualification for this, and what kind of license should we apply for, etc. This type of question is related to food license. Today we will try to know about all of them better.
Choosing the Type of FSSAI License
First of all, whenever you apply for the license, you should know about the type of license. Because when you go to apply online for the license. So which license should we apply for, or which license should we choose, we should know about it.
So as I would like to tell all of you that there are three types of FSSAI Food License. And the criteria for getting all the licenses are different. If you want to make your choice, which license we should apply for, then you should know about all the licenses. After knowing more, you can choose according to yourself which license you should apply for.
First comes Basic FSSAI Food License and second is State FSSAI Food License and third is Central FSSAI Food License. So first of all we know about Basic FSSAI Food License.
Small and medium sized food business operators such as manufacturers, transporters, storage units, distributors, marketers, retailers. etc. are required to obtain a basic FSSAI registration. Which is issued by the state government for a minimum period of one year and a maximum period of 5 years. This is for those people whose annual turnover is less than 12 lakhs.
And the second state FSSAI food license, this license is for those who have an annual turnover of more than 12 lakhs. States are meant for small to medium sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, marketers, retailers, distributors, etc. to obtain FSSAI license. It is issued by the state government, with a minimum validity of one year and a maximum of 5 years.
And third Food License Central FSSAI Food License Food business operators whose turnover is more than 20 crores like large manufacturers, importers, operators in central government agencies, airports, seaports etc. are applied to obtain central food license issued by the central government goes. The minimum term of this license is one year and the maximum is 5 years.
Now you can apply for any of these three licenses for which you are eligible.
If you are going to apply for food license, then you must check the eligibility for it once. As we told you above what is the criteria for getting all the three licenses. First of all you check it and then you collect the necessary documents for it viz.
- Passport size photograph which has been taken recently.
- PAN card of the business owner, proprietor, partner or director.
- Proof of possession of the premises such as rental agreement
- Certificate of Incorporation or Articles of Association for the company
- A complete list of food items included in the business
- A proper Food Safety Management System (FSMS) plan (applicable only for State or Central Food License).
How to make FSSAI license
So if you want to apply for food license online, then you should follow the process given below.
- First of all you have to register yourself. For which you click on this link – https://foscos.fssai.gov.in/
- By clicking on this link, a page will open in front of you.
- Now you have to click on CLICK HERE FOR FoSCoS in this page.
- On clicking on it, a page will open again in front of you.
- Now you have to click on Sing Up in this page.
- As soon as you click on sing up, the registration form will open in front of you.
- Now you have to read carefully all the information sought in this form. And all the columns have to be filled, and after filling you will click on Sing Up. Then an OTP will come on your mobile number. By putting which we have to verify and your registration will be done.
- After registration, you have to click on this link again.- https://foscos.fssai.gov.in/
- And in the open page you have to come down a bit and you will see something like this.
- Now you have to click on Apply License Fee Rs.2000 to 7500 per year in it.
- Now you have to enter your username and password in this page and enter the captcha code written below and click on Sign in.
- On clicking, a page will open in front of you, in which you have to go to the license/registration portal. And click on Apply for New License / Registration.
- After that you have to select your state in the page that appears.
- And your form will open in front of you which you have to read carefully. And fill all the requested information. And upload the required documents.
- Then you will be charged a fee of Rs 100, which you have to pay through online. And your application will be like this.
After the application is completed, you want a license to sell your product. That product will be checked by the officials. And when your product is fine according to the license issuing organization, then only your license will be issued, in the checking process your
License will be issued after verification process
When your product is tested, the quality of your product is checked in it. And when all the things are found to be fine, then you are allowed to sell your product in the market. and your license is issued.
In this article you learned how to make FSSAI license. We hope this information will prove useful for you.