Aadhaar card has become a document that shows the identity of every person in india, and it is also mandatory for all citizens of India, and it also contains a lot of information about us, which we use digitally.
Need to link mobile number with aadhar card
Your mobile number should be linked with your Aadhaar card because now all the work is done digitally, and while doing any online work you have to do many things, like verification.
In online verification
Whenever we do any online verification if our mobile number will be linked to our aadhaar card then only we will be able to complete our online verification.
Because whenever we do any kind of verification with Aadhar card, then an otp goes to mobile number it asks for permission by verification, and only when we enter that otp then our verification will be complete.
To check status
If we get our Aadhar card made or any kind of correction done in our Aadhar card, then if we want to know whether the correction done or not, we also need to check the status of our mobile number.
in address change
Whenever we go to change our address online in our aadhar card, we need an otp which is sent to the registered mobile number in your aadhar card through which one Kind of permission is asked from you to change the address in your Aadhar card.
And if your mobile number is not linked in your aadhar card then no otp will come to your mobile number, in such a situation you will not be able to change your address in your aadhar card, in such circumstances you have to go to visit nearest aadhar service center.
link mobile number with aadhar card
If you want to get the mobile number linked in your Aadhar card, then you can do it mainly in two ways, the first is to change it online, which will allow you to go to the official website of Aadhar and take an online appointment at your nearest Aadhar service center.
And the second way is direct visiting the Aadhar service center, when you go to the Aadhar service center.
If you want to link mobile number in your Aadhar card by taking online appointment, then follow the process given below.
link mobile number to aadhar card
- First of all click on this link appointments.uidai.gov.in/bookappointment.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
- Now select your city in this page and click on Proceed to Book Appointment below.
- Now enter your mobile number in this page and fill the captcha code written below and click on Send OTP
- Enter OTP and complete verification
- After submitting the OTP, click on Submit OTP & Proceed.
- Now fill the information asked in the page and book your appointment in time according to your convenience and for this you also have to deposit a fee of Rs 50 / -, submit it and your appointment will be booked.
Now you can get your mobile number linked by reaching aadhaar center on time of your appointment.
So this was some information about linking mobile number with Aadhar card, So i hope that this article will be useful for you.